Methi Muthiya Recipe
Methi Leaves produce heat in the body that helps in stabilizing the body temperature during winters. It also has a strong effect on balancing blood lipid levels and is a good vegetable for the heart as well.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Fresh Methi Leaves (Chopped) - 2 Cup
- Wheat Flour/Aata - 1 Cup
- Gram Flour/Besan - Half Cup
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Green chilli & ginger paste
- Salt & Spices
- Sugar - 1 Spoon
- Mustard Oil
- Mustard, Sesame seeds & Curry leaves for tempering
- Asafoetida - A Pinch
- Mix together wheat flour, gram flour, red chilli powder, turmeric, green chilli paste, ginger paste, sugar, and salt.
- Now add chopped methi leaves.
- Add water gradually & knead a semi hard dough. Keep it covered for five minutes.
- Divide the dough into small logs. Place the logs in a steamer & steam rolls for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Insert the knife to check if they are cooked from inside. Be careful as hot steam can burn you so cover yours hands with kitchen towel.
- Once cooked, take them out from steamer & let it cool on a plate & cut it into round pieces.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Temper curry leaves, sesame & mustard seeds on low flame.
- Add steamed methi muthiya in the pan & stir gently for few minutes till the muthiya gets a golden color.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala while serving. Taste best with a cup of tea.