Protein-packed, full of fiber and low on fat, oats are designed to boost your energy levels and help you lead a healthy lifestyle. They are not only good for the stomach but are interestingly super filling, satisfying and versatile.
Oats contain a wide range of nutrients like fiber, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, etc. which make them top the healthy food charts.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Dry Roasted Oats - 2 Cup
- Mustard Seeds - Half Spoon
- Few Curry Leaves
- Few Cashews (optional)
- Chopped Vegetables - Half Cup
- Turmeric (optional) - 1 Pinches
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - 1 Cup
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Grated coconut to garnish - if available
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and splutter mustard seeds, few curry leaves and cashews.
- Saute until the cashews turn golden brown.
- Now add chopped vegetables. Saute well. Add salt & turmeric. Stir for a minute.
- Add 1 cup water and get it to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add in roasted oats and mix well.
- Now, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until oats gets cooked well & water is evaporated.
- Add chopped coariander, grated coconut & lemon juice.
- Enjoy hot oats upma.