Protein-packed, full of fiber and low on fat, oats are designed to boost your energy levels and help you lead a healthy lifestyle. They are not only good for the stomach but are interestingly super filling, satisfying and versatile. Oats contain a wide range of nutrients like fiber, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, etc. which make them top the healthy food charts.
- 2 Cup Oats
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp jeera/Cumin
- few curry leaves
- 10 cashew/kaju whole (optional)
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 chilli slit
- ½ onion finely chopped, ½ carrot finely chopped, 5 beans finely chopped, ¼ capsicum finely chopped, 2 tbsp peas / matar (You can always add vegetables as per your own choice)
- ½ tsp turmeric (Optional)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut grated (Optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp urad dal, ½ tsp jeera, few curry leaves and 10 cashews.
Saute until the cashews turn golden brown.
Now add ginger, 2 chilli and ½ onion. Saute well.
Add ½ carrot, 5 beans, ¼ capsicum, 2 tbsp peas, ½ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp salt.
Add 2 tbsp water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Now add 1 cup water and get it to a boil. if using instant oats, just add ¼ cup water.
once the water comes to a boil, add in roasted oats and mix well.
Mix until the oats absorb all the water.
Now cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until oats gets cooked well.
Add salt, coriander, coconut and 1 tbsp lemon juice.