Cornmeal Flour (मक्के का आटा)
Corn is rich is in Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron which helps in the production of red blood cells in the body. It helps in reducing the risk of Anaemia, by supplying enough of the nutrients required to produce fresh Red blood cells.
According to nutritionists, 1 cup of raw corn contains 125 calories, 27 g of carbohydrates, 4 g of protein, 9 g of sugar, 2 g of fat and 75 mg of iron.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Cornmeal Flour – 1 cup
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- 1 spoon fruit salt (like Eno)
- Few Coriander Leaves - chopped
- Roast cornmeal for 2 minutes.Let it cool.
- Take out the roasted flour in bowl. Add curd, salt, asafoetida, coriander leaves and mix well.
- The batter should have same consistency like that of dal chawal batter used for making idli. Add Â½ cup water in batter. If batter appears to be thick add 1-2 tbsp more water. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tbsp of water over it. Add a bit extra water if batter is too thick.
- Grease the idli molds with oil or ghee and fill it with the batter.
- Steam it in microwave or cooker.
- Season it with mustard seeds & curry leaves seasoning.