Tapioca is a good source of protein which helps with muscle building, healing and strengthening. So vegetarians, turn to sabudana for your daily protein intake.
Tapioca is rich in iron and calcium which helps maintain bone health. You can prevent osteoporosis and other bone conditions by adding a regular dose of tapioca to your diet.
- 2 to 3 cup Potatoes (peeled and mashed), boiled
- 1 Cup Sabudana
- 2 tsp Salt or sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts (coarsely pounded)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Green chillies , chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- For deep-frying Oil
Wash the saboodana and soak covered with water for about an hour.
Drain in a colander, and mix in potatoes, salt, peanuts, chilli powder, coriander, green chillies and the lemon juice.
Form mixture into flat, round vadas and fry in hot oil.
Serve hot and crispy.