Sago/Sabudana Idli Recipe
Sago has large amounts of protein that can help muscle growth and allow strengthening. Besides, it has proteins that can boost the healing process and other cellular functioning.
Tapioca has calcium, iron and vitamin K which makes it highly beneficial for maintaining bone health and improving flexibility. It can fight fatigue even after a day of rigorous activities.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Sago/Sabudana – 1 cup
- Samak rice - half cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Carrot [grated] - 1 tbsp
- Chopped Cashew nut - 6 (roasted)
- Green chilli - 1 (chopped)
- Few Curry leaves
- Ginger - 1 tbsp (grated)
- Mustard seeds (optional) - 1 tbsp
- Asafotedia - a pinch
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Water as needed
- Batter mixture - In a bowl, add samak rice, sago/sabudana, curd, sendha salt & water mix well and leave it for 10 minutes. Blend it well to make a smooth mixture. Add water if batter is very thick.
- Heat oil in a pan then add mustard seeds & let it splutter. Then add chopped cashew nuts, green chilli, grated carrot & ginger and curry leaves saute gently.
- Add these seasoned ingredients to the batter mixture.
- Steam idlis in the same way you make.