Salad and Sprouts
100gm of dry tapioca (Sabudana) pearls contain about 20 mg of calcium. While that is not a lot, it certainly helps you meet your daily calcium requirement quickly. Calcium is not just needed for the development of bones and teeth but it also helps in maintaining heart rhythms and muscle contractions along with aiding in brain signalling and blood clotting.
Sabudana & curd, both are very good for digestive health & weight loss. Sago is rich in fibre as it has no fat content. Having Dahi Sabudana in morning will keep you fill for longer period. Its a beat meal in the morning when you are keeping Vrat.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Soaked Sabudana - 2 Cup
- Roasted Crushed Peanuts - One fourth cup
- Whisked Curd- 1 to 2 Cup
- Sendha Namak & Black Pepper
- Chopped Curry Leaves & Green chillies
- Cumin seeds
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add chopped curry leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds. Saute well.
- Add soaked sabudana. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes (till they becomes translucent).
- Now add crushed peanuts.
- Last add salt, black pepper & whisked curd. Turn off the flame after adding curd.
- Mix and serve.
- NOTE: You can garnish with few anaar seeds. Taste best when served chilled.
- Method to Soak Sago: After washing sago, soak (for one hour) 1 Cup sabudana in water. Don't add too much water. Sabudana should be just covered with water.