Cucumber Curd Rice Recipe
Cucumbers are rich in Vitamin K, which helps transport calcium to bones. Just one unpeeled cucumber contains about 22% of your daily recommended intake, so feel free to add cucumber in yours recipes. Cucumber & Curd combination is so great as it helps you feel fuller until your next meal.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Cooked Samak Rice - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 Cup
- Grated Cucumber - Half Cup
- Grated carrot - 2 Spoon
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Sendha Salt - to taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1 Soon
- 1 to 2 green chillies, slit
- Asafoetida (hing) - half teaspoon
- Few chopped curry leaves
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- In a large glass bowl, combine cooked samak rice, whisked curd, grated fresh cucumber & carrot, chopped coriander, sendha salt. Mix well.
- In another pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida , chillies, curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour the tempering over the samak & curd rice mixture and mix well.
- Taste best when served chilled.