Raw Mango Upma Recipe
Upma is the instant breakfast dish that invariably comes to mind when you don't have time to prepare batter or cut lot of vegetables. Its warm, tasty & tangy as well satiates your hunger well. You can have it without worrying about calories.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chillies - 2-3 numbers
- Peanuts - 1 tablespoon
- Chana dal - 1 tea spoon
- Urad dal - 1/2 tea spoon
- Ginger, chopped - 1/2 tea spoon
- Green chillies, chopped - 3-4 numbers
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Asafoetida(optional) - 1 pinch
- Hot water - 2-3 cups
- Raw mango, finely grated - 1/2 cup
- Dry Roasted Sooji or semolina - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds, red chilies. Saute them well.
- Add peanuts, chana dal and fry until the dal is slightly colored, then add urad dal.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, asafoetida (optional).
- Add sliced onions, finely grated raw mangoes, salt and fry until the raw mangoes are nicely cooked.
- Add roasted sooji & mix well
- Add around 1 to 1.5 cup of hot water, stir continuously until the sooji gets cooked & all water evaporates.
- Switch off the flame, cover the pan with a lid and rest it for about 3-4 minutes.