Corn is packed with high nutrients which are useful for a human body in many ways. It ensures idyllic functioning of several internal systems such as cell generation and prevents constipation and various other digestive problems. It is a boon for diabetic people. This nutrient packed starchy snack is low in total fat and has no saturated fat, sodium or cholesterol. It is high in vitamin C and a good source of fiber.
Green Peas are one of the best plant-based sources of protein, which is a major reason why they are so filling, along with their high amount of fiber.
Eating protein increases the levels of certain hormones in your body that reduce appetite. Protein works together with fiber to slow digestion and promote feelings of fullness.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Few boiled sweet corn
- Few boiled green peas
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Urad dal (Optional as kids don't like the taste)
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/4 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava), roasted
- 1/2 cup water
- In a pan, add a teaspoon of ghee/oil. Once the ghee melts, add mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Once the mustard seeds crackle and urad dal turns brown, add onion & saute it very well.
- Add in the boiled peas and corn with salt, stir well.
- Next add 1/2 cup water and stir well. Allow the water to come to a boil.
- Once water is boiled, add the roasted semolina or rava slowly.
- Stir continuously while adding to the hot water so as to prevent lumps from forming.
- Stir until the upma thickens, then close the lid and let it steam for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat & let it rest for 1 to 2 minute.
- Ready to serve.