Spinach Idli Recipe
Spinach idli is a way to avoid the boredom of eating normal plain idli. Spinach idli is highly rich in protein, light and a healthy dish. It is really a good option for breakfast.
Spinach is a source of anti-oxidants vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C. It is also good source of omega-3 fatty acid.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Spinach Puree - Half cup
- Rava - 1 Cup
- Curd - Half cup
- Salt to taste
- Fruit salt (Eno) - half spoon
- Oil for greasing
- Mix spinach puree, rava, curd, salt in a bowl. Add water to make a smooth batter.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt (ENO) to the batter and pour 1 spoon water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently. (Don't Over mix)
- Grease the idli moulds using oil, put spoonfuls of the batter into idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- You can check by inserting a toothpick too. if it comes out clean, it is cooked.