Spinach idli is a way to avoid the boredom of eating normal plain idli.Spinach idli is highly rich in protein, light and a healthy dish. It’s really a good option for breakfast.
Spinach is a source of anti-oxidants vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C. It is also good source of omega-3 fatty acid.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 3/4 cup blanched and roughly chopped spinach
- 3 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp curd
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp fruit salt (Eno)
- 1/4 tsp oil for greasing
- Combine the yellow moong dal, spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the curd, salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt(ENO) to the batter and pour 2 tsp water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently. (Don't Over mix)
- Grease the idli moulds using oil, put spoonfuls of the batter into idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- You can check by inserting a toothpick too. if it comes out clean, its cooked.