Samak Dosa is generally eat in Navaratri Fast. In Navratri diet Samak Chaval is a good replacement for rice eaters. It is not a cereal but a fruit. It is the seed of a grass (EchinochloaColonum) which frequently grows amongst the rice paddy.
It is also called as Samo rice, Samak rice, Varyacha tandul, Vari Tandul, Bhagaror Kodri, jungle rice. It provides the nourishment and energy that rice does. It contains high digestible fiber and less calories which is good for overall health and weight loss.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Samak Ke Chawal - 1 Cup
- Singhare Ka Aata - 2 to 3 Spoon
- Sendha Namak & Black Pepper - To Taste
- Grated Ginger & Chillies
- Potato Stuffing Masala
- Soak samak ke chawal for 15-20 min. Drain & grind them with little water to make a smooth batter.
- Mix samak chawal paste, singhara ka atta, salt & pepper, grated ginger, chillies in a bowl. Add water gradually to make a smooth pourable batter.
- Now, heat a non-stick pan. Grease it with ghee/oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the center of pan and spread a little thick dosa & even it with the back of spoon.
- Drizzle oil around it and cook it on medium flame pouring few drops of oil around it.
- Put the prepared potato masala in the center of the dosa and fold the dosa.