Sabudana Khichdi/Upma Recipe
The health benefit of sabudana is its ability to strengthen bones and maintain flexibility at the same time. Calcium, iron and vitamin K in tapioca make it that food which keeps you charged up and free of fatigue even after rigorous activities.
An important health benefit of sabudana is the fact that its potassium content keeps your blood pressure under control. It is an important staple for a good blood circulation. If you are suffering from indigestion and constipation, tapioca is the solution. If you are dealing with constipation, just have a cup of sabudana and that is it.
NOTE: Try to make it in Non Stick pan to use less ghee & to avoid stickiness.
Rinse the sabudana until water turns clear to get rid of the starch. This is really important to do before you soak the sabudana.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Sago/Sabudana - 1 Cup
- few chopped curry leaves
- Mix of cumin & mustard seeds - 1 Spoon
- Salt & black pepper - as required
- Medium boiled potato Cubes - Half Cup
- Chopped ginger & green chilli
- Lemon juice - To Taste
- Few Roasted Peanuts (Grinded)
- Soak sabudana in water for half an hour. Do not add too much water. They should just immerse in water. Drain the water properly.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan. Saute boiled potato cubes. Once they are golden brown, take them out in a plate.
- Heat 2 spoon ghee again. Add curry leaves, cumin seeds, ginger, green chilies. Saute them well.
- Now add sago, peanuts, fried potato cubes, salt, black pepper, lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir gently with the help of two serving spoon. Enjoy.