Gram Flour (बेसन)
When you are tired of idli & dhokla then its time to try Rava Handvo. It is a Gujarati dish that is nutritious as well simple to make. You can add vegetables of your choice. The tempering of cumin, sesame, mustard seeds & curry leaves give it a such a good taste. You also don't need a special tool / pan / microwave to make it, you can cook it in any pan.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Semolina/Sooji - Third/fourth cup
- Chickpea Flour - Half Cup
- Salt & Spices
- Chopped Vegetables
- A mix of black mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds,
- Chopped Curry Leaves
- Take third fourth cup semolina in a mixing bowl, add half cup chickpea flour, curd. Mix all. Add water and prepare dense batter.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, ginger paste, finely chopped green chili, salt, mix all ingredients well.
- Add veggies of yours choice. Mix all ingredients. if batter seems dense add water. Keep batter aside to set for 10 minutes. & Add third fourth spoon eno fruit salt to batter,
- we need a thick batter to make this recipe. A running batter will not cook properly.
- Now heat a pan. Add 2 to 3 tbsp oil to the pan.
- Add curry leaves, black mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, saute it. Pour handvo batter in pan.
- Cover and cook the handvo covered with lid on low flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, flip it in a thali.
- To roast other side, add the leftover oil. Then add curry leaves, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, slightly roast spices. Put handvo in pan, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Cover and cook it on low flame for 12 minutes.
- Insert knife ,if it comes out clean, take out it in thali. Cut into pieces & serve hot.