Ragi Manni Recipe (Winter Treat)
Custard and Pudding
Ragi is a whole grain that is gluten-free and a staple in South India. It is rich in fiber that helps with weight loss and diabetes. Ragi is also a very rich source of minerals. It has been found to have between 5-30 times the calcium content found in other cereals. It is also rich in phosphorus, potassium and iron.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Ragi flour: 1 cup
- Milk or Coconut milk: 2 cups
- Jaggery: 1 cup
- Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped nuts - 1 Tbsp
- Mix the ragi flour with the milk and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour this into a saucepan and add the jaggery and cardamom powder.
- Cook it on low to medium flame. Keep stirring & cooking.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, reduce the heat to low and keep stirring till you get a good (halwa like) consistency.
- Grease a thali with ghee. Pour this mixture in thali. Garnish with nuts (optional).Once cooled down, cut it into pieces.