The nutrient density of eggs makes them a valuable contributor to a nutritious diet. Choline is a nutrient that facilitates brain development in the foetus and newborn as well as memory function even into old age.
Eggs are an excellent dietary source of choline, and one egg per day will provide 28% of a pregnant woman’s choline requirement.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 slice oat bread
- Whisk together the egg and egg whites.
- In a skillet misted with cooking spray, cook mushrooms and spinach over medium heat until spinach is wilted.
- Reduce to low heat, and add eggs. Cover, and cook 3 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Serve with oat bread toast.