Mirchi Vada Recipe
Green peppers stuffed with a masala aloo filling and deep fried, crunchy outside & soft from inside served with a tangy tomato or sweet tamarind chutney is the best treat for monsoon weekend. Green chilli contains vital vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C and Vitamin A, potassium and iron which are extremely beneficial.
With so many benefits, Green chilli comes with a few side effects too. Stomach and skin irritation can be toxic, if consumed in high quantities.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Thick & long Green Chilies - 5
- Boiled Potato - 2
- Grated ginger
- Gram Flour/Besan - Half Cup
- Salt to taste
- Baking Powder- A Pinch
- Oil - To Fry
- Make Potato Stuffing. Mix all in a bowl ( mashed potato, grated ginger, little salt )
- Slit the chilies from one side to fill the filling.
- Stuff about half tsp or less of the potato stuffing into the chilies.
- In a bowl, mix besan, salt, baking powder, turmeric. Add water and make a thick batter. Batter should be thick otherwise it won't coat chillies.
- Dip the chilies into the batter.
- Coat really well and slide them to the hot oil. Once chilies are added to hot oil, lower the flame(mandatory to do) and cook until golden brown & crispy.