The dried leaves of fenugreek are referred as kasoori methi and is used for flavouring the dishes. Lowering of cholesterol and fighting diabetes are some of the fenugreek benefits that has on health.
Methi is very good for health so include in your recipes more. Methi Aloo poha is one of the good option to try.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Oil - as required
- Cumin & mustard seeds mix- 1/2 tea spoon
- Onion - 1
- Fenugreek leaves (chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Boiled Potato(chopped) - 1 number
- Salt - to taste
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- Poha - 1 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tea spoon
- Few Coriander leaves(chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin & mustard seeds mix, chopped onion and saute it.(You can add few peanuts too at this step)
- To it add fenugreek leaves, potato, salt, curry leaves, turmeric powder and saute it.
- Soak poha in water for 1 minute and squeeze water and add it to above pan and mix it.
- To it add salt, lime juice and mix nicely.
- At last add coriander leaves and mix nicely.
- Taste best when served hot.