Cornmeal Flour (मक्के का आटा)
A cup of enriched yellow corn flour has 416 calories and 4.4 grams of total fat, with almost no saturated fat. It has 11 grams of protein and 89 grams of total carbohydrates, including 75 grams of starches. This amount of the flour provides 7.3 grams of dietary fiber, which can help lower your cholesterol levels and may reduce your risk of constipation.
Makka Flour is cholesterol free and a source of the phytonutrients and antioxidants called lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Methi/Fenugreek leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Whole wheat flour - Half Cup
- Mkkha Flour - Half Cup
- Potatoes- boiled and mashed - 2 small potatoes
- Salt, Ginger & Chilli Powder - To Taste
- Mustard Oil
- Add methi leaves, mkka flour, wheat flour & salt, chilli powder in a bowl. Mix all dry ingredients well.
- Knead a smooth & semi stiff dough using water. Make sure to add water gradually while kneading dough.
- Break the dough into small pieces, shape into round balls and flatten it little.
- In another bowl, add boiled potato, salt, grated ginger, spice & mix well. Potato mixture is ready.
- Place some aloo/potato mixture in the center. Close the filling.
- Dip it in dry flour. Roll out this stuffed ball to smoothen. Roll out round smoothly.
- Heat the tawa on high flame first. Now place paratha on tava & keep the flame on low. Cooking on low to medium flame ensures crispiness.
- When the edges start lifting, pour some oil around edges. Flip it & apply oil again. Cook untill you notice crispy & brownish texture.
- Applying mustard oil is preferred as it enhance the taste & ensure the crispiness. But you can use any other oil too.
- Serve hot.