Sesame Seeds (तिल)
Jaggery is quite rich in its content of folate and iron and therefore it helps in the prevention of anemia. It also offers instant energy preventing weakness and fatigue of the human body.
Jaggery is packed with minerals and antioxidants like selenium and zinc and these help in preventing free-radical damage. These minerals and antioxidants also help in boosting the body’s resistance to different infections.Sesame Seeds facilitates digestion, improves skin and hair health, reduces hypertension, reduces inflammation, prevents cancer and bone diseases, controls diabetes, improves oral health, and improves metabolism.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cups as required
- Jaggery (gur) grated 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Fresh coconut grated 3/4 cup
- White sesame seeds (til) 1/4 cup
- Mix together wheat flour and salt in a bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into a stiff dough.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a non-stick pan, add coconut and saute for 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds and saute for a few seconds. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add grated jaggery and mix well. Set aside to cool down a little bit.
- Add 2 tablespoons wheat flour to jaggery mixture and mix well.
- Place a spoonful of jaggery mixture in the centre of each disc, gather the edges, seal and shape into balls. Dust with some flour, flatten and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out a thick paratha.
- Cook paratha on the hot tawa & serve hot.