Salad & Sprouts
The vitamin A in mangos is also key for the development and maintenance of multiple types of epithelial tissues, including skin, hair, and sebaceous glands. The latter, which are attached to hair follicles, help keep hair moisturized and healthy.
One cup of mango also supplies about 75% of the daily minimum vitamin C intake. This nutrient is needed to produce collagen, a type of tissue that gives skin its elasticity and helps prevent wrinkles and sagging.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 mangoes - pared, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 1 small onion, pounded
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced and seeded
- Minced fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, onion, tomato and mango and blend well.
- Zest it with black pepper and salt. Freeze it for half an hour atleast.
- Serve chilled.