Yogurt (Curd) comes from milk and therefore, it is loaded with several essential nutrients like calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium. An advantage with yogurt is that it is light on the stomach and easier to digest than milk.
Semolina (Rava) is rich in iron and can help you prevent its deficiency. Consuming iron-rich foods help in improving blood circulation as well. The presence of calcium makes semolina flour great for boosting bone health.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1/2 cup curd (dahi)
- 1 cup semolina (rava or sooji)
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (sarso)
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils) - Optional as kids don't like the taste
- 4 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (Optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine the curd, green chilli paste, salt and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and saute on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the urad dal and curry leaves and saute on a medium flame for 20 seconds.
- Now, add onions and saute on a medium flame.
- Add the rava and saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the curd-water mixture and coriander (mixture we made it in first step), mix well cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.