Curd Rava Upma Recipe
Yogurt (Curd) comes from milk and therefore, it is loaded with several essential nutrients like calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium. An advantage with yogurt is that it is light on the stomach and easier to digest than milk.
Semolina (Rava) is rich in iron and can help you prevent its deficiency. Consuming iron-rich foods help in improving blood circulation as well. The presence of calcium makes semolina flour great for boosting bone health.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Curd - Half Cup
- Dry Roasted Semolina/Rava - One Cup
- Water - 1 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Mix of cumin & mustard seeds - 1 Spoon
- Few chopped curry leaves
- Ginger chilli garlic paste - 1 Spoon
- Whisk curd, ginger chilli garlic paste and 1 cup of water in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves and saute well.
- Add curd-water mixture (mixture we made it in first step). Let it boil. Once boiled, add salt.
- Add roasted rava in batches . Stir well to avoid lump. Cook on low flame till all water is evaporated. Enjoy.