Chilled Carrot and Date Salad Recipe
Salad and Sprouts
Carrots are crunchy, tasty and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. They are a weight loss friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 very thinly sliced Carrot
- 10 Sliced deseeded dates
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place carrots in a large bowl, season generously with salt, and toss to coat. Let sit at least 10 minutes to soften slightly. Pour off any liquid that collects in bowl.
- Whisk oil, lime juice over carrots.
- Add sliced dates & stir well.
- Serve it chilled.