Salad & Sprouts
Carrots are crunchy, tasty and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. They are a weight loss friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Few lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped dates (deseeded)
- 2 tbsp chopped and roasted almonds
- 1 spoon Honey
- 2 spoon Lemon
- You can add orange pulp too.(Optional)
- Put the carrots in ice-cold water for 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Put the lettuce leaves in ice-cold water for 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Break off the individual lettuce leaves into bite size pieces and prepare a bed of the leaves in a serving bowl.
- Spread the grated carrots in the middle.
- Sprinkle the chopped dates and toasted almonds over the carrots.
- Now Sprinkle Honey & Lemon & Toss well.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold.