A colourful, fresh, crisp salad served with cabbage, mango, orange, lime juice.
- 1 Small Purple Cabbage
- 1 Mango-ripe but firm (not soft)
- ⅓ C chopped cilantro
- ¼ C finely diced or sliced red onion
- ½ cup cilantro chopped, thin stems ok
- ½ to 1 jalapeno - finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
Slice cabbage very thinly, then chop a few times. Add to large bowl.
Peel mango with a vegetable peeler, then slice into thin strips, cut in half or thirds, place in the bowl.
Add onion, cilantro, jalapeno.
Zest one orange and add the zest to the bowl. Add the juice of half the orange, and half the lime.
Add oil and salt and mix gently to combine.
Squeeze in the other half of the orange while serving.