Apple helps to improve digestion, prevents stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation and liver disorders. Furthermore, apple helps to treat rheumatism, dysentery, eye disorders, a variety of cancer and gout. It can even prevent the onset of some chronic diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 kg apples -peeled and chopped
- 1 kg sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon - powdered (optional)
- Put the apples in a glass container, cover with water and keep overnight.
- Transfer to a non stick sauce pan, bring to a boil and cook till soft.
- Strain through a soup strainer or blend and strain.
- Put back onto the stove and bring to a boil again and cook, stirring to avoid scorching.
- When slightly thinner than jam consistency, add the sugar, lemon juice and dalchini.
- Lower the heat and keep stirring till sugar is dissolved (not letting it coming to a boil before that).
- When sugar is dissolved, bring to a boil and cook, stirring all the time (else it will caramelize at the bottom and change flavour).
- When a drop placed over a cold surface sets, the jam is ready.
- Store in a glass jar.