Custard and Pudding
Desserts are also made in abundance during Vrat Season, Sabudana Kheer is one of the creamy dish that is loved by all after enjoying fried vrat snacks. You just need a bit of patience to thicken the milk to a rich, creamy consistency.
The kheer thickens considerably as it cools down. So it might look watery at first but will become super creamy as it cools.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Sabudana - Half Cup
- Milk - 2 Cup
- Roasted Chopped Nuts - 2 Spoon
- Sugar - 3 to 4 Spoon
- Wash sabudana under running water for 2 minutes.
- Now soak them for overnight or in morning soak for atleast 2 hours.
- Discard the excess water using strainer.
- Heat milk in a pan on medium flame. Once froth up, lower the flame.
- Add soaked sago. Cook on low to medium flame & keep stirring.
- Now add sugar & chopped nuts. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (keep stirring) till you get desired consistency.
- NOTE: It will get more thick as it cools down with time so keep consistency accordingly.