Jaggery Rice Kheer Recipe
Custard and Pudding
Jaggery Rice Kheer is known by bakheer too. Its a traditional Uttar Pradesh dessert, it is made by combining (Gud) Jaggery with rice and milk. Soaked rice is slow-cooked in milk and jaggery is added, which make it a delicious & nutritious divine.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Soaked White Rice - 1 Cup
- Jaggery - 1.5 Cup
- Milk - 4 Cup
- Chopped Roasted Nuts - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 Spoon
- Heat milk in a pan. Once it starts boiling, lower the flame & add rice.
- Stir it & cook it on low to medium flame. Prevent milk from burning at the bottom. Cook it stirring continuously until rice gets cooked.
- Once rice is done, add nuts. Switch off the flame & let it cool to room temperature
- In another pan you need to melt jaggery. Mix half cup of water, ghee & jaggery. Let the jaggery melt.
- When jaggery dissolves completely. Switch off the heat and cool down to room temperature.
- Once both mixture are cooled down, add jaggery mixture in the kheer.
- Mix well & serve.