Chips and Nachos
Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene. These are powerful antioxidants that have been shown to protect the eyes against light-induced damage, the development of cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration.
There are easy ways to include the nutritional value of tomatoes in any diet. Eating tomato chip is one of them.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 firm Tomato Sliced thick
- Slice 1 medium firm tomato thick with knife.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and let sit 15 minutes, then blot the excess moisture with paper towels.
- Arrange in a single layer on a flat microwave-safe plate coated with cooking spray. Mist the slices with cooking spray, then microwave until they start drying out, about 6 minutes.
- Carefully flip; microwave until stiff and mostly dry, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer the chips to a rack to cool.