It’s great on its own, or as an accompaniment to Thai main dishes. Thai-inspired mango salad designed to be a delicious light meal on a hot summer’s day. It has a pleasing range of textures: the softness of the mango contrasting the crunch from the peppers, lettuce and nuts.
- few lettuce leaves or your greens of choice, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 ripe mangoes, diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno,finely chopped
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame/olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (if you like spice)
- To assemble the salad, simply combine all of the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until combined.
- When you’re ready to serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.