Suji Khandvi Recipe
Semolina is low in calories and has no cholesterol. Include semolina in your weight loss diet plan, get the benefits of fiber that aid in weight loss. Semolina is high in protein and fiber, both of which slow digestion and increase feelings of fullness between meals.
Total Time (Minutes):
- 1½ cup rava / semolina (coarse)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ cup curd
- water (for kneading)
- for stuffing:
- 1 cup paneer / cottage cheese (grated)
- 1 cup potato / aloo (boiled & grated)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 3 tbsp cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 chilli (finely chopped)
- ¾ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- for tempering:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¾ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sesame
- few curry leaves (chopped)
- firstly, in a mixi blend and powder 1½ cup rava.
- transfer the powdered rava to a large bowl.
- add ¼ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp chilli flakes and mix well.
- also, add ¼ cup curd and combine well.
- now add water as required and start to knead.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- in a large bowl take 1 cup paneer and 1 cup potato. also, add 1 carrot, 3 tbsp cabbage, 2 tbsp capsicum, ½ onion, 2 tbsp coriander and 2 chilli.
- additionally, add ¾ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chaat masala and mix well.
- mix well making sure all the spices are well combined. stuffing is ready.
- after the dough has rested for 20 minutes, knead it again slightly.
- now roll to slightly thick thickness. spread 1 tbsp green chutney uniformly.
- top with prepared aloo paneer stuffing and spread uniformly.
- roll tight making sure it is well secured.
- now cut into half and place in the steamer. if you have enough room in the steamer, then you can place the whole log.
- steam for 15 minutes, or until the rava layer is cooked fully.
- now slice into thick pieces and keep aside.
- prepare the tempering, by heating 2 tbsp oil.
- splutter, 1 tsp mustard, ¾ tsp cumin, 1 tsp sesame and few curry leaves.
- place the sliced roll and roast on medium flame.
- flip over and roast both sides.
- finally, enjoy suji roll with green chutney or tamarind chutney.