Salad and Sprouts
Try this Spinach Oats Dhokla Recipe. It is a yummy way to sneak more spinach into normal idli made of sooji. Just one cup of cooked spinach contains more than 6 milligrams of iron. That may not seem like a lot, but the National Institute of Health suggests at least 19 milligrams per day for adult men and at least 17 milligrams for adult women.
So that one cup covers about one-third of your daily recommended servings, which is especially good news for vegetarians.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 200 gram chopped spinach leaves
- Half cup sooji
- Half cup oats
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2 green chillies
- 1-inch piece ginger
- Salt to taste
- Mix chopped palak leaves, sooji, oats, curd, salt, asafoetida, grated ginger, chillies.
- Make a smooth batter & leave it aside for 15 minutes.
- Add eno salt in the batter. Pour in the batter into the steamer.
- Steam for about 10 minutes on high heat, until a tester like a clean knife, when inserted into the centre, comes out clean.