Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese. Eating this leafy green veggie may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure levels among other health functions. Whether you like it or not, spinach is surely one veggie that you must include in your daily diet.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Besan (Gram Flour) - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Spinach leaves, roughly chopped - 100 gm
- Water - 2 Cup
- Turmeric powder - Half Teaspoon
- Hing powder - One Fourth Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Add all the ingredients (besan, curd, spinach leaves) into a blender and blend until you get a smooth puree. Add water gradually.
- Take out this batter in a big bowl. Add turmeric, hing powder, salt in this batter & mix well.
- Transfer this batter into a non-stick pan and heat on low to medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent lump formation.
- Continue stirring on low heat, till the mixture thickens for 15 minutes.
- The mixture will begin to get a shine. Once you notice the Khandvi batter has a shine to it and has thickened, turn off the heat. Keep the mixture covered, so it remains hot while you proceed to the steps below, as it will not spread when it cools down
- Spread the hot mixture on the prepared surface (greased plate or granite top) as thinly as possible, with a flat spatula. When you have finished spreading the batter, allow it to cool a little and settle down about three minutes and not less.
- Repeat this process and continue to spread the entire mixture, before it cools down.
- After about 10 minutes have passed, now begin rolling the mixture into a log starting from the top.
- Place these rolls on a serving platter
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning, add mustard seeds, slit chillies, curry leaves & let them crackle.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the rolls.