This flour is used to prepare foods for religious festivals, including Navratri. It is an allowed food during fasting days because it is not made of grain.
Singhara/Water chestnuts are a perfect food to form part of a healthy food during navratri fast. They are high in nutrients and low in calories and almost fatless. Half a cup of water chestnuts contains just 0.1 gram fat. All this makes them a healthy food option.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Singhara Aata - 2 Cup
- Sendha Namak & spices - To Taste
- Mashed Boiled Potato - 1 to 2 Cup
- Roasted Peanuts powder- Half Cup
- Water - One fourth cup
- Mix all ingredients (except water) well in a bowl.
- Once mixed well, add water gradually & knead a stiff, smooth dough.
- Roll out a paratha gently ( See the NOTE below) & cook on medium flame.
- Serve hot with curd.
- NOTE: If its difficult to roll, try using parchment paper. Place the dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper and gently roll/press by hands. Later take off the parchment paper from one side & place it on tava & take off upper side after placing on tava.