Red rice is enriched with the goodness of antioxidants and magnesium, which helps in preventing and curing several disease. Red rice helps in regulating the insulin level.The low glycemic index of red rice helps in controlling the sugar level and is good for diabetic patients.
It is rich in magnesium content.Its regular consumption can improve oxygen circulation in the body and will also prevent from asthma.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Red Rice - 2 cups
- Urad Dal - 1 cup
- Oats - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Soak Red rice and urad dal in enough water for 5 to 7 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the rice and dal mixture until smooth.
- Add oats and leave the batter to ferment over night in a warm place.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Grease the idli moulds and pour the batter in the moulds.
- Steam the idli for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.