Rava Onion Uttapam
Rava onion uttapam is a simple recipe made with rava/semolina, curd & chopped onion. In this recipe, you don't need to soak anything overnight OR grind Or blend the ingredients.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Rava - 1 Cup
- Curd - Half Cup
- Water - Half Cup
- Salt & Spices
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Baking Soda/Eno Salt - One fourth spoon
- Few Tempered Curry Leaves & Mustard Seeds
- Mix rava & curd in a bowl. Let it rest for five minutes. Now add water gradually to make a smooth batter (not running one).
- Add salt, red chilli/black pepper powder, tempered curry leaves & mustard seeds. Stir it well.
- Now add baking soda in one spoon oil & mix in batter. (Do not stir much) . Pls make sure you add baking soda at the time when you start making uttapam.
- Heat a pan. Grease it with oil. Pour one laddle batter and spread it in little thick & round shape by gently rotating the ladle in clockwise.
- Now sprinkle chopped onion on the top & coriander leaves over it. Once top layer looks slightly cooked, gently press onions with a spatula.
- Pour 3 to 4 drops of oil around uttapam. Cover it with lid. Let it cook on low flame for 3 -4 minutes. If its cooked from the bottom side then flip it.
- Flip it gently and cook another side too in the same way applying oil. Once cooked from both sides. Enjoy it hot.