Pumpkin ranks high on a list of incredible superfoods. It is low in calories and packed with filling fiber, this fruit offers a bunch of health benefits, from helping your heart to improving your skin. Pumpkins contains nutrients called alpha-carotene and betacarotene, which is known to boost immunity.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Pumpkin Cubes - 1 Cup
- Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
- Salt & Spices
- Curd Whisked- 1 Cup
- Few Curry Leaves
- Mustard Seeds
- Dried Red chilli
- Add pumpkin cubes, turmeric, salt and one slit green chilli in a pan. Add water & boil this till pumpkin is soft. Keep it aside.
- Paste:- Grind together the grated coconut, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, ginger, remaining green chilli and salt to a smooth paste using water if required.
- Put the pan back to the flame & add the paste & half cup water. Cover it with lid & cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Choka/Tempering :- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add remaining cumin seeds, curry leaves and broken red chilli. Add asafoetida and mix.
- Pour the tempering over the gravy & serve.