Puffed rice is very low in calories. A 3/4-cup serving of a bran flake cereal has 98 calories, and swapping out your bran flakes for puffed rice can save you 44 calories per serving.
Puffed rice can be used in breakfast as cereal, upma, poha, cutlet. Upma recipe is here to try:
- if you like the upma crunchy you can directly add the puffed rice without washing it.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 5 cup Puffed rice
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 Ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled Green peas (Matar)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 chopped Tomato
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Place the puffed rice in a strainer and wash it under running water for 30 seconds and set aside on a bowl for all the excess water to drain out.
- Heat a kadai with a tablespoon of oil on medium flame.
- Once the oil heats up, add mustard seeds,allow it to crackle. Add cumin seeds and peanuts and roast on medium heat.
- Once the peanuts are roasted, add the ginger, onions, green chillies and curry leaves with a little salt and saute well.
- Stir in the Murmura (Puffed Rice), coriander leaves, lemon juice and stir everything together.
- Serve immediately.