Sprouts: The germinated seeds of grains are known as sprouts, and they are known to be a healthy food. They are rich in nutrients and help to strengthen the immune system.
Sprouts also help in purifying the blood and people having conditions of high acidity can take sprouts.
- 1 1/2 cups Poha (beaten rice)
- 1 1/2 cups boiled mixed sprouts (moth beans, moong, red chana OR You can use any other sprout of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
Place poha on a colander (छलनी) and wash lightly. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the onion and green chillies and saute well.
Now add the mixed sprouts, turmeric powder, sugar and salt with approx. ½ cup of water and saute for 5 minutes.
Now add the poha and lemon juice and mix well.