Poha Potato Cutlet Recipe
When you are bored of eating potato poha, you can give it a twist. Try making poha potato cutlet. By adding vegetables, you can enhance the nutritional value as well.
- With potato, you can add boiled & crushed peas too.
- You can use left over rice too instead of soaked poha.
- you can add soaked bread too.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Poha - 2 to 3 cup
- Potatoes boiled and mashed - 3
- Oil - 2 tablespoons or less
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion finely chopped - 1 medium
- Refined flour (maida) - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt & spice - to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Soak poha for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped onion, two tablespoon of refined flour and roast for two to three minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, stir and mix well.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a bowl. Add soaked & drained poha, mashed potatoes, salt, lemon juice. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each. In a case, if you are not able to bind mixture then add some cornflour.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the cutlets till golden OR you can roast them over tava if you don't want to deep fry them.
- Serve hot.