Because there’s so much fiber in oats, they actually promote the feeling of having a full belly. When we feel full, our satiety hormones trigger and we don’t have the constant urge to snack and overeat.
For example, one study linked increased beta-glucans from oats with an increase in peptide YY, a hormone that makes you feel full and satisfied.If you’re trying to lose weight and restrict your calories a bit, oatmeal is the perfect snack to help get you through those times of hunger. It will quell your hunger pangs and keep you satisfied until your next meal, a win-win superfood to turbocharge your weight loss.
1. Grind oats into fine powder using a grinder. (You can keep this powder in fridge in Air Tight Container too to save time).
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together wheat flour (Atta), oats powder and grated vegetables(optional) of your choice.
3. Knead the mixture into soft dough using enough fresh water and keep the dough covered with wet kitchen cloth for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Make small balls out of dough and roll out into thick parathas.
5. Cook on hot tava with some oil /ghee till brown spots appear on both sides.
6. Serve hot with any raita of your choice.