Radish(Mooli) are rich in vitamins, folic acid, and anthocyanins and are considered effective cancer-fighting agents. The vitamins present in radishes can treat skin disorders. Not only do radishes help improve functioning of liver and gall bladder, but they also serve a variety of critical functions with incredible benefit.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Grated Mooli - 1 Cup
- Wheat Flour Dough - 1 Bowl
- Salt & Spices- to taste
- Green chilli & ginger paste
- Add some salt to the grated mooli. Leave for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, you would notice the mooli has released lot of water. Drain this water and then squeeze the grated mooli to get rid of any additional moisture.(its very important to drain water out of mooli completely)
- Transfer this squeezed mooli to another bowl. Add green chilli & ginger paste, ajwain, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder.
- Mix everything together. The stuffing is now ready. (Do not add salt at this point as it will make mooli moisture again).
- Now divide the prepared dough into equal balls. Roll one dough ball into a round circle of and then apply little oil all over.
- Take two teaspoons of the mooli mix, and spread it evenly across one circle. Cover it with the other circle, and seal the edges & roll it.
- OR You can stuff mooli mixture in one dough ball & roll it.
- Heat a griddle/tava on a medium flame, then place the paratha on it.
- Pour some oil around the edges, and let it cook for a minute. Turn it over, and continue cooking till both sides turn golden brown.
- Serve it with curd or pickle.