Tomatoes contain a great deal of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. This is primarily because these vitamins and beta-carotene work as antioxidants to neutralize harmful free radicals in the blood. Free radicals in the blood stream are dangerous because it may lead to cell damage.
Remember, the redder the tomato you eat is, the more beta-carotene it contains.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 8 chopped tomatoes
- 10 tbsp sugar
- Half cup white vinegar
- Half spoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Grated ginger
- Half spoon mix of cumin & onion seeds
- Half spoon red chilli powder
- Heat a deep non-stick pan and add tomatoes. Add sugar and half cup white vinegar and cook.
- Add salt and mix. Add chopped garlic & grated ginger.
- Add cumin seeds, onion seeds and red chilli powder and mix well. Cook till the moisture evaporates, sugar syrup thickens and tomatoes get very well cooked.
- Serve with paratha.