Manglorean Mango Curry Recipe
This Manglorean style curry is not only delicious but the interesting blends of spices make it versatile as it can be enjoyed with anything.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Ripened Mangoes Pulp of 4 to 5
- Mustard Seeds - 1 spoon
- Dried fenugreek seeds - Half Spoon
- Cumin seeds - Third Fourth Spoon
- Black peppercorns - 4
- Coriander seeds - 1 Spoon
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Half inch ginger, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsps oil
- 5 -7 curry leaves
- One fourth tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped jaggery
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- Fried curry leaves for garnish
- In a shallow pan, add mustard seeds, methi dana, cumin seeds and black peppercorns, coriander seeds, break and add dried red chillies. Dry roast till fragrant.
- Transfer the spices into a blender jar, add onion, ginger, garlic and a little water. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add curry leaves and let them splutter. Add the prepared paste and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Cook till the oil separates, mixing continuously.
- Add the mango puree and mix well. Add 1 cup water and mix well, cover and cook till the mixture boils.
- Add chopped jaggery, tamarind pulp and mix well. Cook till jaggery melts and take it off the heat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with fried curry leaves. Serve hot.