Kebab & Cutlet
Lotus Seeds (मखाना)
Lotus seeds (Makhana) are low in cholesterol, saturated fat and sodium. They are an extremely good source of manganese, potassium, magnesium, thiamin, protein and phosphorus. 100 grams of lotus seed will give you 350 calories, which means about 65 grams of carbs, 18 grams protein, and 1.9 to 2.5 grams of fat.
The remaining is made up of water, potassium, sodium, phosphorus and calcium. These are high in fiber, which helps maintaining the excretory tract in proper order.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 Boiled Potato (Mashed)
- 1 cup Phool Makhana (Lotus Seeds), roasted, ground
- 1 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf), crushed
- 1/2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali), crushed
- 1 Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , small bunch, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Black Salt (Kala Namak), to taste
- Cooking oil
- First roast the makhana in a pan with little bit of ghee until crunchy and coarsely powder it.
- Mash the potatoes and add all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
- Shape the mixture into small cutlets and pan fry them in very little oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve tikki with chutney of your choice.