Makhana Aloo Tikki Recipe
Lotus seeds (Makhana) are low in cholesterol, saturated fat and sodium. They are an extremely good source of manganese, potassium, magnesium, thiamin, protein and phosphorus. 100 grams of lotus seed will give you 350 calories, which means about 65 grams of carbs, 18 grams protein, and 1.9 to 2.5 grams of fat.
The remaining is made up of water, potassium, sodium, phosphorus and calcium. These are high in fiber, which helps maintaining the excretory tract in proper order.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 Boiled Potato
- 1 Cup Makhana (Lotus Seeds)
- Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali), crushed
- Choppd Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli/black pepper powder
- Sendha Salt to taste
- First roast the makhana in a pan with little bit of ghee until crunchy and coarsely powder it.
- Mash the boiled potatoes. Mix mashed potatoes, coarsely powdered makhana, crushed peanuts, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies.
- Add the sendha salt and spices (red chilli/black pepper) according to your taste.
- Shape the mixture into small cutlets and pan fry them in oil/ghee. Flip gently & cook from both the sides applying oil/ghee.