Jam is a super popular breakfast option for children,but we know it contains a lot of sugar, jam being sugar might not be a great to start the day with jam toast all the time.
In this jam omelete recipe, eggs are dusted with powdered sugar and filled with yours favorite jam for a breakfast.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 or 3 Tablespoon jam of your choice
- Additional sugar - for sprinkling
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. In a large bowl, beat the yolks until thick and lemon colored. Add salt, sugar and water and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and dry. The whites should barely slide if the bowl is tilted.
- Heat an omelet pan over medium heat. Butter the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture until well combined. It should look as if the whites have absorbed the yolk mixture.
- The omelet is cooked if it is firm to the touch when pressed by the finger. If it clings to the finger like the beaten egg white, it needs to cook longer.
- Fold the uncovered half of the omelet over the jam. Turn out onto a plate and sprinkle with sugar.