Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid.
Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
How to make paneer corn mixture:
- Heat 3/4 tablespoon oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot ,add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for around 2 minutes.
- Add grated paneer, corn, crushed kasturi methi [dried fenugreek leaves], red chilli powder, salt, pepper & stir.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool.
- NOTE: Put corn in hot water for few minutes before adding to the pan.
- You can avoid methi .Kids might don't like the methi taste. But methi is very good for health.
Lets make sandwich now:
- Take your bread slice and apply little butter.
- Arrange the ready mixture over the buttered bread slice & make a thick layer.
- Place cheese slices over the paneer-corn mixture and close the sandwich with the other slice of bread.
- You can Melt butter on a grill pan on medium heat for more crispy taste. Otherwise you can skip this.
- Once hot, place the sandwich on the grill pan.
- Grill till sandwich is golden brown in color from both sides and has nice grill lines.
- Cut the sandwich into any shape of your choice.
- Serve with tomato ketchup!