Green Gram (मूंग दाल)
Mung beans Idli has immense benefits such as; helps in weight control, lower blood pressure. lowers cholesterol and heart disease risk, may help fight cancer, boost immunity and protects against infections, improves skin health, provides detoxification benefits, decreases PMS syndrome.
Green beans consists of nutritional values which includes Vitamins Folate, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Carotene beta, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K.
It consists of minerals, which includes Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, and Zinc.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 Cup green gram
- 1.5 Tsp salt
- Pinch of hing
- Eno Salt- 1 tsp
- Wash Moong dal.
- Let it soak overnight or 5 to 6 hours. ( instead of room temperature water add warm water to shorten the soaking time)
- Grind it to a fine, light and fluffy consistency batter by adding little water at a time. (if you are using the grinder then add all the water), Transfer this batter to a bowl
- Consistency should be like this, texture should not be too fine or too coarse, let it be in between. Add salt.
- Add eno salt for instant idlis.
- Grease the idli plates with oil.
- Make the idli with this simple batter or you can give hing & mustard seed seasoning to it and then make idlis.