Gholwan Karah Recipe
Custard and Pudding
Gholwan Karah is very rich, filling and tasty. It is made of rava, ghee, sugar and water. It taste best when served immediate.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Rava/Sooji - 1 cup
- Water - 2 Cup
- Ghee - 3/4 Cup
- Sugar 1 Cup
- A Handful of Chopped Nuts
- First, mix 1 part of Semolina (rava) and 2 part of water in a big bowl and mix well.
- Let it rest for 10 mins so that sooji soak up all the water. keep it aside this soaked semolina mixture.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai (heavy bottom). Add sugar and cook on medium flame.
- Make sure to stir continuously until the sugar dissolves and browns in color.
- Caution: Do not over brown the sugar. it will taste bitter & it burns very quickly so use a heavy bottom pan. Stir continuously as well.
- Mix the soaked semolina mixture now in this caramalized sugar. Be very careful while adding the mixture to the kadhai or wok.
- Caution: Be very careful while adding the mixture to the kadhai. It might spill out. Add it slowly only.
- Keep flame on low. Mix it very well else while pouring, the water will solidify the hot sugar mixture... Keep stirring continuously.
- Cook until it release ghee from the edges.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts of your choice.
- It taste best when served hot.