Gholwan Karah Recipe
Custard and Pudding
Gholwan Karah is very rich, filling and tasty. It is made of rava, ghee, sugar and water. It taste best when served immediate.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Rava/Sooji - 1 cup
- Water - 2 Cup
- Ghee - 3/4 Cup
- Sugar 1 Cup
- A Handful of Chopped Nuts
- First, mix 1 part of Semolina (rava) and 2 part of water in a big bowl and mix well.
- Let it rest for 10 mins so that sooji soak up all the water. keep it aside this soaked semolina mixture.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai (heavy bottom). Add sugar and cook on medium flame.
- Make sure to stir continuously until the sugar dissolves and lightly brown in color.
- Caution: Do not over brown the sugar. it will taste bitter & it burns very quickly so use a heavy bottom pan. Stir continuously as well.
- Mix the soaked semolina mixture now in this caramalized sugar. Be very careful while adding the mixture to the kadhai or wok.
- Keep flame on low. Mix it very well else while pouring, the water will solidify the hot sugar mixture.Keep stirring continuously.
- Cook until it release ghee from the edges. Add a handful of chopped nuts of your choice. Enjoy.