Corn Poha Recipe
Corn is rich is in Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron which helps in the production of red blood cells in the body. It helps in reducing the risk of Anaemia, by supplying enough of the nutrients required to produce fresh Red blood cells.
According to nutritionists, 1 cup of raw corn contains 125 calories, 27 g of carbohydrates, 4 g of protein, 9 g of sugar, 2 g of fat and 75 mg of iron.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Boiled sweet corn kernels - Half Cup
- Crushed Cornflakes - 3 spoon
- Poha - 1 Cup
- Mustard Seeds - Half Spoon
- Chopped onions - 2 Spoon
- Turmeric powder - 2 Pinches
- Sugar - 1 spoon
- Salt & garam masala - to taste
- Lemon juice - 2 Spoon
- Clean, wash and drain the beaten rice (Poha) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When seeds crackle, add onions and saute on a medium flame for a minute
- Add the boiled sweet corn and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minute.
- Add turmeric powder, sugar, salt, garam masala, lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add poha, mix well, stir on medium flame for 1 to 2 minute.
- Serve hot topped crushed cornflakes.