Coconuts are known to be a powerhouse of health benefits. They are known to boost one's immunity and contain antifungal, antiviral, anti-parasitic and antibacterial properties as well. You can consume coconut in any of its various forms, such as raw coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut butter, coconut water etc.
Coconut is known to help treat many diseases such as throat infections, digestive problems, influenza, lice, giardia, bronchitis, and many other ailments.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Idli Rice,Soaked in water for 3 to 4 hours - 2 Cup
- Fresh coconut , grated - Third fourth cup
- Ginger chilli paste - 1 spoon
- Salt - To taste
- Urad Dal (Split) - 1 Spoon
- Few Chopped Curry leaves
- Roasted Peanuts - 1 Tbsp
- Coarse coconut and rice mixture - (First grind idli rice (soaked and drained), along with freshly grated coconut, ginger green chilli paste, salt and make a coarse mixture with 1/4 cup of water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil. Add urad dal, curry leaves.
- Once they sizzle, add roasted peanuts, coarse coconut and rice mixture (we made it in first step) into the pan and mix it.
- Cover it with lid and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes on low heat. Adjust water if needed.
- Stir with a ladle every 5 minutes or so.
- Keep it closed and cook until the rice gets cooked and water is absorbed. Adjust salt & spice if required.