Cinnamon Orange Pancake
Cinnamon has been proven to fight fungal, bacterial, and viral elements in foods: It’s no surprise that in the Middle Ages, when food spoilage was far more frequent due to lack of refrigeration, many recipes, both sweet and savory, were flavored with the spice.Cinnamon can be used as part of a treatment for anything from lung problems to the common cold.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Whole Wheat Flour (Aatta) - One Cup
- All-purpose flour/Maida - One Fourth Cup
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Fresh orange juice - 3/4 Cup
- Sugar - 2 Spoon
- Baking powder - 2 Tea spoon
- Orange zest or finely grated peel - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- 2 pinches of salt
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients - whole wheat flour, orange zest, maida, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Wet Ingredients - In a separate medium bowl, add milk, orange juice and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed and moistened. We need a smooth pourable lump free batter.
- Heat a non stick pan/tava & grease it with oil/butter.
- Pour batter onto hot surface in 1/4 cup amounts to make individual pancakes. Cook until bubbles begin to appear in the center of pancake.
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- While serving, garnish it with orange chunks/orange jam/orange syrup/honey.